Monday, September 19, 2011

Lazy Monday: Mac & Cheese and Sloppy Joe Sandwiches

Mondays are a hard day for me to get motivated to actually cook dinner. I'm sure you know what I mean, you go back to work, all you want is for it to be the weekend when you get done, but it's not. You are all the way at the bad end of the week, and then you have to make dinner.

We have had Pizza Monday for the last few weeks. There is a Fox's Pizza down the street from us and we have been picking up a pizza and then catching up on True Blood. Last Monday, I decided to make dinner, but kind of cheat and not make it really from scratch.

This is not my idea, one of my best friends came up with the idea of mixing macaroni and cheese and sloppy joe together to make delicious sandwiches and we have it sometimes and it's freakin' delicious.

Here are the ingredients (minus the hamburger, I had already put it in the pan):


I am not going to describe too much as to how to make these things. I'm sure you can read the back of the package. But you take your sloppy joe mix:


and you take your macaroni (I think this was before I baked it)


And then you put a spoonful or two of sloppy joe on a hamburger bun, and top it with some mac and cheese. It looks like this:


Yes, it tastes as good as it looks. Make these soon!

Mac & Cheese and Sloppy Joe Sandwiches

1 package macaroni and cheese (whatever brand you like, or homemade!)
1 lb. ground hamburger or turkey
1 packet of sloppy joe seasoning
1 can tomato paste

1. Make macaroni and cheese according to package directions. I used the Homestyle Kraft brand, it was pretty tasty.
2. Make sloppy joes according to package directions. I used tomato paste and a seasoning packet, but you could certainly used canned sauce if you prefer that.
3. Put both on hamburger bun!
4. Eat!

Thanks for reading!

<3, Carly



Best Blogger Tips

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment